God loves us so much that he gave his only son to sacrifice his life for you and me.
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” ~ John 3:16
- “God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” ~ Romans 5:8
It’s important to take care of ourselves in order to care for others. For instance, have you ever been on an airplane and the flight attendants go over the safety instructions? The one I’m going to reference too is the one that they explain about the oxygen mask.
the flight attendant says: “In case of an emergency, a mask will drop from a container in the airplane ceiling. The mask, which looks like a yellow cup, fits over your nose and mouth. An elastic strap goes around the back of your head and the ends can be tugged to tighten the fit. Pull on the hose gently to begin the flow of the oxygen.”
Then the flight attendant continues: “You must FIRST put your oxygen mask on before helping others. Because if YOU run out of oxygen; you can’t help anyone else with their oxygen mask.”
Think about this for a minute. (pause) Did you think about it? Well if you did or didn’t the results are still the same…. YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! This includes kids, spouse (or significant other), parents, etc. If you don’t or can’t get any “ME” time to regenerate your mood, etc, try some of these:
- Meditate (when kids are sleeping or you go the bathroom to be alone)
- Journal (write down your feelings, the good, the bad and the down right nasty)
- cuddle with baby or pet
- drink hot soothing tea
- start a new hobby
- dance crazy in the privacy of your own home
- call a friend or family member whom you haven’t talked to in a while
- listen to your favorite tunes
whatever you do, do it for YOU! not me, nor anyone else. DO IT FOR YOU!
You are so important, so worthy that you can’t think that you’ll have time later. sometimes, later never comes and you end up with a mental breakdown or worse!
The beginning picture I started this out with came to me from a friend. She is so kind, so caring, giving that she is dear to me! But the picture is TRUE!
Fall in love with YOU!
Remember, live well, love deep and laugh often!
you are not alone, God loves you and so do I!
Love your sister in faith,