This week I have taken time to learn more things about abused people. I took a workshop called becoming trauma informed. We talked about active listening and how it’s OK to JUST LISTEN and not think of an answer as the the other person talks.
Do you know the true definition of trauma? It is typically defined as: An exceptional experience in which powerful and dangerous events overwhelm a person’s capacity to cope.
Trauma can be:
* A single event
* more often multiple events, overtime
* interpersonal violence or violation, especially at the hands of authority or trust figure is especially damaging
* structural violence
* collective, historical, generational
Types of Trauma are:
- Unexplained, Sudden death
- Domestic Violence
- Witnessing violence
- Racism, islamophobia, gender violence, hate crimes.
And so much more information that I don’t feel comfortable sharing as I had to pay for this.
Then yesterday, I went to a few shelter places, see my updated support page for Oregon counties in my area. I gave them my books, a pen and a brochure and asked if they needed someone to please think of me.
I want to start my own business as a motivational speaker, now that I am jobless, but we shall see where God takes me.
Please always know that you are NOT ALONE! God Loves you and so do I!!!